Friday 29 February 2008

midterm journey

Yesterday was our midterm review/presentations in my class. It went well, I think. I am now midway through the construction process of my thesis collection. I have 17 garments, I now have 9 more or less completed.

Yesterday my mom drove me to school! Thanks to my making a fall collection, my garments MUST be packed into a huger than huge oversize suitcase for midterm. I could live in it. My mom felt bad I guess and offered to drive me instead of me attempting to lug it on and off NJ Transit.

Yes, I am living at home again to accompany my mom. It is not too bad, beside the fact that I lose an hour of sleep for the commute. My alarm goes off at 5 45am instead of 7 or 7 30, like when it did when I lived in the city. I either nap or sketch/sew/read/write/organize my life during the 40-50 minute ride. When I think about it, I can't believe I am commuting(I'm not a morning person). I used to live in New York my first two years at school, then it only took a couple of minutes to get to class. Now I travel about an hour and a half door-to-door. I'm not complaining, it is usually an interesting journey...

No comments: