Thursday 20 March 2008

hands full of... dirt and problems

I have problems. I received a package yesterday with the wrong fabric. My infamous soy fabric continues to haunt me. The company sent me hemp instead of soy. How did this happen? I would love to know. My low-impact dyes have not arrived yet and neither has my organic cotton jersey and hemp/silk charmeuse. I feel like I am at a stalemate.

I have two more garments that need to be sewn, but I have no fabric for them to be made from. Though, yesterday I started knitting socks out of cashmere, yum! so soft!

I did, however, stop by my high school today to see my old art teacher. I now have some clay for my jewelry. I hope they will get done because I need to return with them dry and have them fire them in the kiln, THEN glaze them and fire them again. Can I do this in the next four weeks? I also had someone there cut out some wood pieces in the wood shop which now need to be sanded.

I need to go get my hands dirty!