Sunday 6 April 2008

20 stops in ny

Yesterday was my photo shoot for the collection/line sheet. We have to photograph all of our looks and lay the images out on one sheet of 8.5x11" paper. They are then given to teachers and whoever is on the panel for our final presentation. The photos are amazing and I LOVE the photographer. You will see them soon! The shoot went on all day, 9-9. It was really exciting, but extremely tiring. I drove into the city yesterday and I all I wanted to do was fall asleep on the way home, but that is quite impossible. By the way, who needs sleep anyway? ...right?

So onto the top 20 list of fashionable NYC. Unfortunately I have no life lately, due to thesis, so I couldn't tell ya where to get a cheap good drink, but I can tell you where to shop etc. Here we go...

1. Opening Ceremony, 
Amazing shop in SoHo

2. Comme des Garcons, Chelsea

3. Barney's NY department store

4. Bergdorf Goodman department store

5. Chelsea Market, 
Cool place to get some food while in Chelsea/Meat Packing

6. Century 21, 
It's right by Ground Zero and sells really cheap designer stuff, but you need some patience because it is always busy

7. Chelsea Pier, 
For my birthday we went bowling there, most amazing bowling alley! They have everything from tennis, golf, to skating.

8. The Metropolitan Museum of Art, 
Spend a whole day here! PS Don't pay the whole price, they 'accept donations' so give them change.

9. FIT Museum, 
I hate promoting FIT, but they have great fashion exhibitions. (free)

10. MoMA

11. Chelsea Gallery District, 
It's free! Walk around and into various types of galleries.

12. Dia:Beacon, 
I have never honestly been there, but I heard it is a must-see. Also the train ride there is supposed to be nice.

13. Balenciaga store, Chelsea

14. Prada store, SoHo

15. ABC Carpet & Home, 
It's like an international bazaar, check out the silk trading in the back

16. Zakka Bookstore, 
Amaaaaazing design books

17. Habu Textile, 
Small, carries various threads and yarns mostly for weaving, but can be knitted too. Most items are directly from Japan.

18. School Product, 
Yarns, if you like to knit of course!

19. Mood Fabrics, 
3 floors of any type of fabric you might want. It is kind of 'sold-out' because of Project Runway, but if you are looking for something, 75% of the time they will have it. That's pretty good.

20. St. Mark's Place (8th St.), 
It's a busy block of punk stores, mini bars, and people selling various paraphernalia on the street.


I wish you all from London a safe and fun trip, see you all in about 2 weeks!

No comments: